§ 1 Information about the Collection of Personal Data
(1) This page provides you with information about the collection of your personal data when using our website. Personal data comprises all data that can be related directly to your person, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller in accordance with Art. 4(7) of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Hochschule Wismar: University of Applied Sciences: Technology, Business and Design, Philipp-Müller-Straße 14, 23966 Wismar, Germany, email@example.com (see our terms and conditions). You can contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or via post by adding “Der Datenschutzbeauftragter” to the address.
(3) If you contact us via email or using a web form, we will save the details you have provided (your email address and, if applicable, your name and telephone number) in order to answer your enquiry. We delete the data collected for these purposes once they are no longer needed, or we limit their processing if legal retention periods apply.
(4) If we use service providers to fulfil certain functions of the range of offers we supply or if we would like to use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you in more detail about the respective procedures below. It is here that we also provide details about the length of storage.
§ 2 Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right to object to their processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory authority for data protection about our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of Personal Data when Visiting our Website
(1) If you are only using our website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or send us any other kind of information, we only collect the personal data your browser sends to our server. If you would like to look at our website, we only collect the following data that is required from a technical point of view for us to be able to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address (anonymised)
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents demanded (page you visited)
- Status of the request/HTTP status code
- Respective amount of data transmitted
- Website the request is coming from
- Operating system and user interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the previously named data, when you use our website, cookies are saved on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in connection with the browser you are using and which provide the party who have placed the cookies (in this instance us) with certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the range of internet offers more user friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the extent and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These save a so-called session ID that can be used for relating various requests from your browser to the same session. This makes it possible for the website to recognise your computer if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted if you logout or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined length of time that can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your convenience and, for example, refuse the storage of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you might then not be able to use the full scope of the functions provided by this website.
f) The Flash cookies we use are not saved by your browser, but by your Flash plugin. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are saved on your device. These objects save the required data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiry date. If you would not like your Flash cookies to be processed, you will have to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by switching to private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history on a regular basis.
§ 4 Further Functions and Offers Provided by our Website
(1) In addition to using our website solely for informational purposes, we also provide you with various other services that you are free to use. This usually requires the provision of further personal data that we use to provide the respective service and to which the above-named principles of data processing apply.
(2) We use external service providers to process your data for certain purposes. These were selected carefully and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and subject to regular controls.
§ 5 Objecting or Revoking the Right to the Processing of your Data
(1) Your consent for the processing of your data can be revoked at any time. Revocation of this kind affects our permission to process your personal data from the time when you revoked your consent.
(2) You are entitled to object to our processing of your personal data if we have based our processing on the balance of interests. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you, which we have described below for each of the functions. When objecting to our processing of your personal data, please explain your reasons why we should not process your personal data in our usual manner. If your objection is justified we will verify the facts and either stop or adjust the processing of the data, or point out our compelling legitimate reasons why we are continuing the processing.
(3) Of course you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your objection to advertising by writing to: Hochschule Wismar, Philipp-Müller-Straße 14, 23966 Wismar, email: email@example.com
(1) We provide you with the opportunity to contact us with any question you might have using forms we have provided on the website. This requires the provision of a valid email address and name so that we know who sent the request and are able to answer it appropriately. All further details are voluntary. The data you provided for contacting us is processed pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR, based on your voluntary provision of consent. The personal data we have collected when you sent the contact form will be deleted automatically after we have dealt with your request.
This website uses the maps provided by OpenStreetMap. This service is provided by the OpenStreetMap Foundation, 132 Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1JU, Great Britain. OpenStreetMap is used to provide an attractive presentation of our online offers and to make it easy to find the locations mentioned on the website. This represents legitimate interest as stipulated by Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR.
GPSies Map Material
This website uses the services provided by the portal GPSies.com. The provider is Bechtold Internet Solutions, Steinstraße 19, 12169 Berlin. GPSies.com is used to provide an attractive presentation of our online offers and to make it easy to find the locations mentioned on the website. This represents legitimate interest as stipulated by Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR.
(1) If you have explicitly provided consent pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our regular newsletters. You will only receive the newsletter that you subscribed to.
(2) Subscriptions to our newsletters use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that, after registering with your email address, you will receive an email in which you will be asked to confirm your registration by clicking on a link. We keep record of your newsletter subscription so that we have legal proof of your registration. The information that we store includes the registration and confirmation times and your IP address.
(3) In order to receive the newsletter, you only need to provide an email address. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time, for example, via a link at the end of every newsletter.
1. Use of Matomo (formerly Piwik)
(1) This website uses the web analytics service Matomo to analyse and regularly improve the usage of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR).
(2) For this evaluation, anonymised data on your user behaviour is stored on our web analytics server in Wismar (Germany), provided you have consented to this. You can set the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please note that you may not be able to use this website to its full extent. Preventing the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser.
Matomo will only be activated if you explicitly allow it by clicking the corresponding button below. You can also prevent the activation of Matomo or delete existing settings. Your selection is saved on your device with the help of a cookie (see §3) and reloaded the next time you visit the site. As long as no cookie has been saved, this decision option is opened in a pop-up box each time you visit the page.
(3) This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This means that IP addresses are shortened prior to further processing to prevent them from being linked to individual persons. The IP address that is transmitted from your browser via Matomo is not combined with other data collected by us.
(4) The Matomo programme is an open-source project. The external provider’s data privacy information can be found at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
2. Use of Further Analytics Tools
If individual pages of our website use other technologies for web analytics, these pages will clearly notify website visitors of the technologies in use.
(1) UAS Wismar has profiles on the social networks Twitter, Instagram and Facebook that are used to share news and information about the University with users. Our website displays clickable icons with the logo of the corresponding network. By clicking on the icons you will be taken directly to the respective profile of UAS Wismar.
(2) We would like to explicitly point out to you that social networks store user data and use it for commercial purposes. UAS Wismar is not able to influence the way data is collected or processed by the social networks. The University therefore has no knowledge of who the data is passed on to, where the data is saved, whether the networks comply with the compulsory deletion regulations, or how stored data is analysed.
(4) Further information about which data is processed by Instagram for which purposes can be found in Instagram’s Data Policy (http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy).
(5) Further information about which data is processed by Facebook for which purposes can be found in Facebook’s Data Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy).
Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offers that are saved at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. These have all been embedded in “privacy-enhanced mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not click on the videos. The data pursuant to sub-section (2) is only transmitted if you click on the video to play it. We have no influence on this transmission of data.
(2) By clicking on the play button, YouTube/Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. In addition to this, the data named under § 3 of this policy is also transferred. This occurs irrespective of whether you have a YouTube account that you are currently signed in to, or you do not have a user account. If you are signed in to Google, your data will be linked directly to your account. You must logout prior to clicking on the button if you do not wish for your data to be linked to your YouTube profile YouTube saves your data as user profiles and uses it for advertising purposes, market research and/or the needs-based presentation of its website. Such analysis (even of users that aren’t signed in) is used, in particular, to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, which can only be exercised by writing to YouTube.