Russian and International Commercial Law, Master's Degree
General information about studies
The Master's programme in Russian and International Commercial Law is aimed at German-speaking students and imparts specialist knowledge in Russian and International Commercial Law.
It is geared to the special features of German-Russian legal relations and prepares you for senior level specialist and management tasks.
This is achieved through;
- application-oriented course content,
- practice-oriented problem solutions, based on good academic foundations
- one month long internship in Moskau,
- courses in the form of lectures, seminars or exercises in small groups,
- complex interdisciplinary and international case studies based on real-world problems in business practice.
The course is are carried out in partnership with the Plechanov-Institut Moskau or universities in Ukraine (Poltawa) or Kazakhstan (Almaty).
Content of the studies
The standard period of study is four semesters.
Students complete the third semester at one of the foreign university; the others at the Wismar University of Applied Sciences. During all semesters, the compulsory module component is complemented by an extensive list of elective modules.
The following elective modules can be chosen;
- Implementation of marketing projects
- Intercultural Marketing
- International marketing of innovative products
- State innovation policy
- Investment and innovation risks
- Corporate law 1
- Corporate law 2
- Corporate finance
- Consolidation of contract law
- Deepening public law
- Financial controlling
- International economic law
- Intellectual property Law
- Accounting according to national and international accounting standards
- Banking law
- European Business Law
- Corporate crisis law
- Company auditing
Perspectives after graduation
On graduation from your Master's programme, you will receive both a "Master of Laws (LL.M.)" from Wismar University of Applied Sciences and a "Master of Science (M.Sc.)" from the foreign university .
This qualifies you for activities in all areas in which legal and business skills are required. The degree opens up opportunities for you to work in business enterprises, associations and other national and international organisations that are active in German-Russian or international legal relations.
Based on your knowledge of transnational and international contexts, you will be able to work as a manager and specialist in a wide variety of functions.
It is only possible to become a judges, public prosecutors or lawyers in Germany, if you have passed two state examinations in law. A Bachelor's or Master's degree is not sufficient.
Master of Laws (LL.M.) and Master of Science ( M. Sc.)
Start of studies
Standard period of study
(1 semester at a foreign university)
Language of instruction
German, English and if you like Russian
Master of Laws (LL.M.)
Wismar Business School
Campus / Distance learning
Studies on campus
Start of studies
to the summer semester
Place of study
Wismar, Moskau, Almaty, Potawa
- erster berufsqualifizierender Studienabschluss „Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)" oder in einem verwandten Studiengang einer nationalen oder internationalen Hochschule mit mindestens 180 Leistungspunkten und einer Gesamtnote von 2,5 oder besser
- kann die Gesamtnote von 2,5 nicht nachgewiesen werden, müssen mindestens zwei rechtliche Module oder die Abschlussarbeit mit einer Modulnote von 2,0 oder besser bestanden worden sein
- lautet die Gesamtnote 3,3 oder schlechter, erfolgt keine Zulassung
- Kenntnisse der englischen Sprache sind nachzuweisen
Details zur Zulassung finden Sie in den entsprechenden Ordnungen.